1/22/09

Autism Speaks has a vaccine research bruhaha

I read this very informative blog on About.com by Lisa Jo Rudy and today I see that she says the Executive Director of Autism Speaks resigned over a vaccine research disagreement.
http://autism.about.com/b/2009/01/15/big-doing-at-autism-speaks.htm?nl=1

Basically, the way I understand it, is that Autism Speaks is a member of a big federal agency called the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) and the IACC was considering a vote to reverse objectives related to vaccine related research. Alison T. Singer decided to resign as AS's Executive Director because she planned to vote against the position of AS; which was to continue the vaccine related research objectives. She was still able to vote as an individual public member after she resigned.

SO! The former Executive Director of Autism Speaks thinks they should be looking elsewhere of causes and answers - other than vaccines. Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very interesting.

    And I see that I wasn't the only one changing my blog skin recently. :) It's pretty and clean looking, but it will take some getting used to. (I keep reloading mine and wondering if it's really my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMn- interesting. There are some great sites and blogs on the issue of what "causes" autism and fraudelant "cures" and treatments. I think it is the Autism Skeptics Ring.

    I personally think its high time we moved on from the vaccine issue.

    ReplyDelete

If you get it, please comment! At least LOL.