9/1/11

I will never misuse Tae Kwon Do

I signed all of us up for Tae Kwon Do training.  Orangeboy wasn't sure about it at first, but after a couple of classes he was all in.  It's perfect.  There's memorization, rules, a reward system (belt rankings), and he always knows exactly how he should dress.  I am also inclined to believe that he has realized that mastering a martial art could be helpful in his overall Evil Plan for World Domination.

Orangeboy memorized all the moves in the first form before any of the rest of us had it down.  His exact form within each move within the "form"; however, needs work.  Orangeboy still tends to be a bit hypotonal and his kicks look less like disabling weapons and  more like he's flinging a wet noodle.  Hopefully, his enthusiasm for earning belts will inspire him to practice repeatedly and get some exercise and maybe gain a little muscle tone.  I realize that an Evil Genius only needs a big head, but the ability to do a little butt-kicking of the minions couldn't hurt.  However, there could be a problem with the student oath; which he hasn't learned yet.
Student Oath

I shall observe the tenets of Taekwon-Do.

I shall respect the instructor and seniors.

I shall never misuse Taekwon-Do.

I shall be a champion of freedom and justice.

I shall build a more peaceful world.


Curses!  Foiled again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you get it, please comment! At least LOL.